Family Law

Divorce Enforcement of Court Order

Need help? Call on our Austin family Attorneys!

Enforcement of Child Arrangements Order Case Law

While you may think that your legal complications are over once you have finalized your divorce or child support agreement, this is not always the case. It can be incredibly frustrating when a former spouse or parent to your child fails to follow a court order. When they act in a blatant and intentional manner, it may call for legal action. Before taking any steps, however, you need to retain an Austin family law attorney you can trust. Turn to Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC today!

Get started now by filling out a free case evaluation with information about your situation.

At our firm, we understand how exasperating it can be to try to encourage or force an ex-spouse or partner to follow a court order on your own. That is why you need to call on the legal advocates from our firm. We bring more than two centuries of experience to the table and know how to navigate these types of cases in an effective and efficient manner.

“Can the court enforce my order?”

In most family law matters, the court can enforce issues that were laid out in an official agreement. If you and your spouse came up with an agreement on your own, yet failed to get it approved by the court or make it official, it could be difficult to prove its validity in court. That is why having a knowledgeable attorney review these documents is so imperative.

In general, the court can be brought in to enforce:

An individual must be found in contempt, which means that they have shown willful disobedience of the order as given by the court, for enforcement to be used. If they are not cooperative, a judge may use various methods to “enforce” the order, such as wage garnishment, jail time, fines, and other penalties. If the court order does not appear to be specific or clear enough, the court will work to clarify the order and may then give the individual an opportunity to obey the new clarifications. However, if they still fail to follow the order, enforcement can become necessary.

Whether your former spouse is withholding spousal maintenance payments or continues to violate a custody agreement, be sure to call on our Austin family lawyers at (512) 420-0555 for representation.

Get In Touch
Schedule Your Consultation

Client Forms

team FMLT img

We Take a Team Approach to Family Law

Contact Us Today for Representation

At our Austin law firm, we believe that each client has a unique set of needs and priorities. That’s why we provide compassionate, thorough, and individualized attention to each of our clients. This is accomplished using a team approach to resolve divorce and other family law cases. Clients can benefit from the combined experience of the lawyers in our firm. Our goal is always to maximize outcomes and minimize costs.

Practice Areas

We will be happy to assist with any divorce or family law-related matter in the Austin area, as well as any family law matter in Travis, Williamson, or Hays Counties.

divorce icon img


child issues icon img

Child Issues

Appeals icon img


Other areas icon img

Other Areas