Scott is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White, Inc., and has achieved a rating of “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell. Scott has also been selected as a “Rising Star” Super Lawyer by Thompson Routers from 2011 – 2018, and was elected as a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation in 2011, an honor bestowed each year upon the top 1/3 of 1% of Texas attorneys.
Scott handles a wide range of contested and non-contested family law matters including divorces, custody disputes, child support enforcement, property divisions, modifications of previous orders, prenuptial agreements and paternity issues. Scott has also handled cases in front of the Texas Third Court of Appeals.
Scott is a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, the Travis County Family Law Advocates, the Austin Bar Association, Williamson County Bar Association, and Austin Young Lawyers Association.
Away from the office, Scott enjoys anything that involves the outdoors, and spending time with his wife, Becky, daughters Mallory and Aubrey, and son Joseph.
- Introduction to Divorce Law, Law Review CLE Seminar (2012)
Trying the SAPCR Case on a Shoestring, Family Law Essentials Seminar (2011)
- Exploring Employment Plans and Benefits and Drafting QDROs, Family Law Essentials Seminar (2010)
- Characterization and Tracing, Family Law Essentials Seminar (2009)
- Assisting in Child Custody Disputes, Advanced Family Law Practice for Paralegals (2009)
- Getting it In and Keeping it Out – A Family Lawyer’s Guide to Evidentiary Rules, Family Law Essentials Seminar (2008)
- Assisting in Child Custody Disputes, Advanced Family Law Practice for Paralegals (September, 2009)