Jami is passionate about helping guide clients through what is often one of the hardest times of their lives. Jami handles complex family law issues including divorce, child custody, property division, child custody modifications, child support, grandparents rights, paternity, and enforcement actions. She is uniquely suited to handle the amicable divorce or to aggressively pursue her client’s best interests in the courtroom when needed. Jami knows the importance of keeping her clients fully informed and supported throughout what is often a very emotional and highly sensitive transition period. Her clients describe her as caring, detailed, and a strong advocate at trial.
Along with the other members of Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC, Jami takes a team approach to the practice of law. She and the other attorneys at the firm consult internally on their cases, each adding a unique perspective and approach to the case.
Jami is a current board member of the Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section, current board member of the Texas Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, member of the American Bar Association, Williamson County Bar Association, Barrister in the Barbara Jordan Inn of Court, Austin Young Lawyers Association, Travis County Women Lawyer’s Association, and a Fellow of the Texas Family Law Foundation.
Like the other members of Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC, Jami is dedicated to giving back to her community. She is the former Vice President of Administration and a Founding Member of the Cosmopolitan Rotary Club of Austin. She has volunteered for Communities In Schools (mock trial program), Volunteer Legal Services, Junior Helping Hand Home of Austin, Special Olympics, Therapy Pet Pals of Texas, BookSpring, the Ronald McDonald House of Central Texas, and a number of other projects and causes.
Away from the office, Jami enjoys spending time with her wonderful children and husband, Travis, who is also a family law attorney. Jami is extremely passionate about animals, the environment, and underprivileged groups and youths.
Awards and Speaking Engagements:
- Named one of Austin’s Top Attorneys, Austin Monthly Magazine, 2020-21
- Selected to the Texas SuperLawyers list, Thompson Reuters, 2019-21
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, Thompson Reuters, 2010, 2012-16
- Selected to the Best Lawyers© list, Woodward White, Inc., 2018-21
- Preeminent Rating for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Martindale-Hubbell, 2018-21
- Awarded the State Bar of Texas Legal Professionalism Award, 2005
- Speaker, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, “Maximizing the Take at a Final Property Hearing” (2010)
- Speaker, Family Law Essentials Seminar, “When is a Residence Really a Residence?” (2011)
- Speaker, Law Review CLE “Obtaining Social Media Discovery and Evidence, and Using it in Court” (2011)
- Speaker, Law Review CLE “Divorce Basics Seminar” (2012)